- RSS Channel Showcase 6040440
- RSS Channel Showcase 6889759
- RSS Channel Showcase 3512951
- RSS Channel Showcase 3959829
Articles on this Page
- 04/03/17--14:07: _Why students love C...
- 04/06/17--09:39: _Denver Scholarship ...
- 04/27/17--13:53: _CU Denver New Stude...
- 05/01/17--15:57: _CU Denver’s Daniel ...
- 05/05/17--13:09: _Graduation brings b...
- 05/15/17--14:07: _Spring Commencement...
- 05/16/17--07:41: _Spring 2017 Commenc...
- 06/09/17--08:09: _CU Denver cyclist w...
- 08/11/17--10:22: _CU Denver’s award w...
- 08/13/17--14:24: _CU Denver student w...
- 08/13/17--15:19: _Global Energy Manag...
- 09/21/17--11:14: _Incoming CU Denver ...
- 10/09/17--15:18: _Special education m...
- 11/06/17--15:22: _Teaching History, C...
- 12/13/17--13:57: _Young students with...
- 12/13/17--14:04: _Student faces formi...
- 12/19/17--08:31: _SEHD dean hands dau...
- 01/19/18--13:32: _New Undergraduate L...
- 02/07/18--13:36: _CEM student helps b...
- 03/05/18--11:13: _Luis Arvizo: savin...
- 04/03/17--14:07: Why students love CU Denver summer semester
- 04/06/17--09:39: Denver Scholarship Foundation scholars honored at awards breakfast
- 04/27/17--13:53: CU Denver New Student Orientation 2017
- 05/05/17--13:09: Graduation brings bright futures for Ethiopian best friends
- 05/15/17--14:07: Spring Commencement 2017
- 05/16/17--07:41: Spring 2017 Commencement included CU Denver staff
- 06/09/17--08:09: CU Denver cyclist wins collegiate national championship
- 08/13/17--15:19: Global Energy Management student Martin Christensen summits Everest
- 09/21/17--11:14: Incoming CU Denver students receive prestigious scholarships
- 10/09/17--15:18: Special education major works to change perceptions on autism
- 11/06/17--15:22: Teaching History, Celebrating Diversity
- 12/13/17--13:57: Young students with promise come to CU Denver
- 12/13/17--14:04: Student faces formidable foe on long trek to graduation
- 12/19/17--08:31: SEHD dean hands daughter degree
- 01/19/18--13:32: New Undergraduate Learning Communities
- 02/07/18--13:36: CEM student helps build Student Wellness Center
- 03/05/18--11:13: Luis Arvizo: saving money and getting ahead with summer courses
“A quiet, peaceful atmosphere.” “Insightful conversations.” “Productive projects and goals completed.” That’s how five students and recent graduates of CU Denver described their summers. They weren’t remembering vacations or home improvement projects, but the classes they took during the eight-week summer semester. During the summer, undergraduates and graduate students can choose from three ways to … Continue reading "Why students love CU Denver summer semester"
Elizabeth Cheng’s father was driven from Cambodia by genocide. Her mother was driven from Vietnam by war. Whenever possible, the CU Denver student tries not to add stress to her parents’ lives—especially not with money. “I’ve tried to be as financially independent as possible from a young age,” said Cheng, who will graduate in May … Continue reading "Denver Scholarship Foundation scholars honored at awards breakfast"
The post Denver Scholarship Foundation scholars honored at awards breakfast appeared first on CU Denver Today.
It’s 7:45 a.m. in downtown Denver, and hundreds of people stand together in Room 2500 of the CU Denver Student Commons Building. The energy is palpable. Nerves and excitement mix, as the attendees embark on one of the most exciting chapters of their lives: college. They are new CU Denver students, and they know that … Continue reading "CU Denver New Student Orientation 2017"
Daniel Ramirez likes to tell people about the phone call that changed his life. It was a call from the University of Colorado Denver, telling him he’d earned a full scholarship. “I’ll never forget that day,” Ramirez said. “I looked around for cameras wondering if it was a joke! Then I realized it was actually … Continue reading "CU Denver’s Daniel Ramirez wows Denver Public Schools Foundation gala"
The post CU Denver’s Daniel Ramirez wows Denver Public Schools Foundation gala appeared first on CU Denver Today.
Food is often at the center of the strongest friendships. For CU Denver graduating seniors Robera Oljira and Abel Mebrahtu, a bond grew as they dined on Ethiopian delicacies and sipped strong coffee. It evolved further as they tried to best each at billiards, ping pong and on the soccer pitch. On a recent visit … Continue reading "Graduation brings bright futures for Ethiopian best friends"
The post Graduation brings bright futures for Ethiopian best friends appeared first on CU Denver Today.
Nearly 2,000 graduates—including 1,211 undergraduates—from 21 different countries celebrated their achievements at CU Denver Commencement on May 13, 2017. [View the story “CU Denver Spring Commencement ’17” on Storify]
For many CU Denver graduates, the commencement ceremony signals the beginning of a job hunt. But for 18 of the nearly 2,000 students who walked in the Spring 2017 Commencement, no job search was necessary—they obtained their degrees while working full-time for CU Denver. These CU Denver staff members obtained degrees from the College of Liberal … Continue reading "Spring 2017 Commencement included CU Denver staff"
Cyclists tend to be soft-spoken, non-boastful types. So, it’s not surprising that CU Denver graduate student Cyrus Pearo, who recently won the USA Cycling Collegiate Road National Championships, summed up the race this way: “Good bit of climbing. Good bit of wind. It was a tough day.” Tough indeed. The day also included a good … Continue reading "CU Denver cyclist wins collegiate national championship"
The post CU Denver cyclist wins collegiate national championship appeared first on CU Denver Today.
DENVER (Aug. 3, 2017) – Lark, the University of Colorado Denver’s award winning a cappella group, will… Full Story
The post CU Denver’s award winning a capella group to compete in international competition in Seoul appeared first on CU Denver Today.
CU Denver offers a growing Club Sports program, and now it’s home to an elite athlete who is making a serious… Full Story
The post CU Denver student wants to be on U.S. team when karate debuts at Olympics appeared first on CU Denver Today.
When Martin Christensen took a break from his studies in the Business School’s Global Energy Management… Full Story
The post Global Energy Management student Martin Christensen summits Everest appeared first on CU Denver Today.
Each school year brings with it a freshman class filled with talented and accomplished students. This year… Full Story
The post Incoming CU Denver students receive prestigious scholarships appeared first on CU Denver Today.
Jordan Sien struggled to have a relationship with her older brother. When they were young, she didn’t… Full Story
The post Special education major works to change perceptions on autism appeared first on CU Denver Today.
Avondine Hill is passionate about becoming the kind of teacher who transforms his students’ lives.
Although… Full Story
Sebastian Del Barco, 17, and Kaden Ostendorf, 14, know it’s never too early to commit to your education. That’s… Full Story
Paige Barrette still gets “teary-eyed” every time she drives onto the University of Colorado Denver campus.… Full Story
The post Student faces formidable foe on long trek to graduation appeared first on CU Denver Today.
Maxine Martin was one of more than 1,200 new graduates honored on Saturday at CU Denver Fall Commencement 2017.… Full Story
The School of Education & Human Development (SEHD) has started two new learning communities … Full Story
When Victoria Zahourek comes back to CU Denver as an alumna, she’ll be able to point to her legacy. She’ll… Full Story
Luis Arvizo took four Summer Session classes last year and plans to take more this summer. He takes courses online… Full Story
The post Luis Arvizo: saving money and getting ahead with summer courses appeared first on CU Denver Today.